Right now I am totally addicted to american recipes. No matter, if dinner, dessert, breakfast or whatever â I love cooking and baking american style. This addiction actually began to grow long before we won the Greencard. But since our visit to Florida last year I can’t control myself!
Today Flo and me went shopping for american candies to decorate our wedding venue with. We were kind of devastated afterwards, because we didn’t find what we were looking for. So I thought it would be nice to even eat american afterwards and I ended up making some burgers! My burger technique is not perfect, yet, but I am working on it. I tried putting the cheese directly in the burger pattys for the first time today and it tasted gorgeous! This week I also did cinnamon rolls and double chocolate cupcakes, which were both delicious! Cupcakes are actually a big thing for Flo and me, because Flo proposed to me with a ring on top of super cute cupcakes!
The best recipe I tried out in the last months was for an Oreo Cheesecake, which is super easy to make, but tastes crazily good! If you wanna try it yourself, here is the recipe!
7 oz. Oreo Cookies
3.5 oz. Butter
9 oz. White Chocolate
3.5 oz. Creme Fraiche
21 oz. Creme Cheese
1 Pack Vanilla Sugar
3.5 oz Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 360Â°F
- Crush cookies
- Melt butter and combine with cookies
- Press into loose bottom pie pan
- Bake for around 10 minutes
- Crush chocolate, add Creme Fraiche and melt on low heat
- Steer Creme Cheesen, Vanilla and Powdered Sugar in a bowl
- Mix with cooled down Chocolatecream
- Turn filling in crust and spread evenly
- Place in fridge for 6 hours
- Loosen cheesecake by running knife around edges and release sides of pan
- Grate rest of chocolate and decorate cheesecake